The Carson House
The very dignified Carson House, included on the National Register of Historic Places, was originally built by Richard Brown, founder of Brownville, and later in 1864, became the home of John L. Carson, an early Nebraska banker, and his family. Mr. Carson's daughter, Rose, bequeathed the house to the Brownville Historical Society upon her death in 1966. Many of the original furnishings remain in the house. This property also includes a wonderful carriage house.